If you're eager to try some DIY plumbing, you're in the right place! These plumbing tasks are manageable for those with basic skills:
- Fixing a Dripping Faucet: First, turn off the water by shutting off the water supply and removing the handle. Then determine whether your faucet employs cartridges, ceramic disks, or rubber washers, and swap out any worn-out parts. New ones usually can be found at your local hardware store.
- Unclogging Drains: This happens to almost every home once in a while. Start by eliminating any visible debris that is blocking the drain entrance. Then try using a plunger or liquid drain unclogging products. If this proves ineffective, consider purchasing a snake or hiring a professional to perform the snaking method.
- Unblocking Toilets: Start with using a toilet plunger or snake to clear obstructions. If this doesn’t work, pretty much your alternative way is to hire a professional plumber to snake since this is pretty much the only way out.
- Installing Faucets or Shower Heads: Trying to make your bathroom look pretty in the fastest and lowest cost way is to change faucet and shower heads. Start with shutting off the water supply, remove old fixtures, and follow the manufacturer's guidelines to put in new ones. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, so you do not swap the hot and cold water sides, this happens very often.
- Repairing a Running Toilet: Having a constantly running toilet often results in faulty components. All you need to do is to identify the issue and adjust the tank components. Most of the time, you will find it is as easy as to adjust the float level and replace worn-out flappers and valves. Don’t forget to turn off the water supply to your toilet before beginning any repairs!
Susanna Leung’s goal as a real estate professional with Haylen Group is to help her first-time home buying clients find that perfect home where their families can grow, thrive, and live their dreams in the United States. She applies her experience in remodeling, resource networking, negotiations, and advanced marketing to provide her clients with dedicated, full coverage service.